What areas of London should tourists avoid?
According to Churchill Security, the most dangerous areas in London are:
- Westminster – Crime rate 321.4 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Camden – Crime rate 154.2 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Kensington and Chelsea – Crime rate 153.9 crimes per 1,000 people.
- Hammersmith and Fulham – Crime rate 129.2 crimes per 1,000 people.
What side of London is bad?
Brent is an Outer London borough located in the north west of the city centre. Home to Wembley Stadium, Wembley Arena and the Neasden Temple, Brent, previously an under-the-radar area, has been crowned The Mayor’s London Borough of Culture 2020. That said, the area is also one of London’s most dangerous.
Are there ghettos in London?
There are plenty of rich white ghettos in the UK. Many parts of London are exclusively rich and white, we have Sandbanks in Dorset, parts of Cheshire and the Surrey stockbroker belt. The cotswolds and parts of Essex, amongst many other areas. There are also a number of gated communities, again rich white people.
Is it safe to walk in London at night?
Though generally safe, it’s not a good idea to walk around London at night, especially on your own. Quite aside from the safety factor, it’s also a major capital city – if most journeys take upwards of an hour via public transport, just imagine how long they’ll take on foot.
Where is the hood in London?
Brixton is the straight up hood of London.
Where should I not live in London?
Top 10 Worst Places to Live In London
- Brixton. Don’t get me wrong I love Brixton. …
- London Borough of Hounslow. Hounslow used to be great borough, but now it’s now crap. …
- Peckham. Absolutely love living here! …
- Tottenham. …
- Newham. …
- Edmonton. …
- West Croydon. …
What are the safest areas in London?
1: Richmond upon Thames: 11,336 crimes – 56.68 per 1,000
Still number one for London’s lowest crime rate, Richmond is the safest place to live in the capital. This perhaps isn’t so surprising, since it feels more like a calm, welcoming village than a London borough.
What is the roughest pub in London?
Five London Pubs With A Shady Past
- The Bill Murray, 37 Queens Head Street, N1 8NQ.
- The Lamb & Flag, 33 Rose Street, WC2E 9EB.
- The Prospect of Whitby, 56 Wapping Wall, E1W 3SH.
- The Ten Bells, 84 Commercial Street, E1 6LY.
- The Star Tavern, 6 Belgrave Mews West, SW1X 8HT.
Is North London posh?
Across the map in West London, where most of the city’s wealthiest residents live, ‘posh’ is the word. … North London is also apparently the intellectual part of town. The area – which has been home to Stephen Fry, Geri Halliwell and Michael Foot – is cultured, but past its prime.
Is East London poor?
The area was notorious for its deep poverty, overcrowding and associated social problems. … While some parts of the East End are undergoing rapid change, the area continues to contain some of the worst poverty in Britain.
Is Hyde Park safe at night?
1. Re: walking through Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens at night. Perfectly safe. There is a road running through the middle which goes from the Royal Albert Hall to Lancaster Gate.
Is the Tube dangerous at night?
Taking the tube at night is absolutely fine.
Is it safe for a woman to walk alone at night in London?
Yes, it’s safe. Like any big city, there is some risk of petty theft, but little risk of physical violence. There aren’t any “unsafe” areas in the centre. Even in the outskirts there aren’t many areas I’d not walk alone.